Lawrence Okolie Document
Some ring walk times are estimates; please verify with the promoter / local TV channel for definitive start occasions. Permission has been sought and granted for all licensed media. If you are feeling that isn’t the case, please check your licensing agreements with the Promoter / TV Station / management company of the fighter or contest in query. Odds data updated every 30 minutes and are topic to alter. We are happy to respond to casual removal requests if there have been any crossed wires.
- This fighter will turn out to be regionally ranked following the completion of their first MMA bout.
- I imagine he’ll get higher and clear up the division before shifting up.
- In the previous few struggle he has improved considerably from a clumsy scrappy fighter with exceptional energy to a more poised, calculated and affected person fighter utilising his attributes similar to his attain and jab.
- Great performance and an unbelievable achievement from Okolie.
- While Okolie benefited from a dominant victory over Glowacki’s countryman Nikodem Jezewski in December, Glowacki had not boxed since being stopped in three rounds by Breidis 21 months ago.
- Prior to the battle being made, Okolie vacated the Commonwealth cruiserweight title.
On sixteen April 2018, Commonwealth cruiserweight champion Luke Watkins (thirteen–0, 9 KOs) referred to as out Okolie for a struggle in the future. Nine days later, the Swindon Advertiser reported that Okolie’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, had given the bout the green mild to go forward. On 26 April, a deal had been agreed for the struggle to take place on 6 June on the York Hall in London. Okolie dropped Watkins twice on his approach to a third-round stoppage victory. Referee Michael Alexander stopped the battle at 1 minute 40 seconds of the round. After the bout, Hearn acknowledged the Commonwealth mandatory challenger, Wadi Camacho (20–7, 12 KOs), would probably be Okolie’s solely title defence earlier than shifting on to the British and European titles.
Lawrence Okolie Profile
In spherical six, Okolie landed a proper hand to Chamberlain, forcing his glove to the touch the canvas for a second knockdown. After ten rounds, the judges scorecards read 98–89, 97–89 and in favour of Okolie. After the fight, Okolie referred to as out Welsh boxer Craig Kennedy (16–1, 8 KOs) for a fight on the Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker undercard. Hackney, London EnglandStanceOrthodoxBoxing recordTotal fights16Wins16Wins by KO13Losses0Lawrence Okolie is a British skilled boxer who has held the WBO cruiserweight title since March 2021.
Okolie fights from a standard orthodox stance, which suggests he favours his right hand as his energy hand when fighting. Okolie’s last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 1 day, that means he has been combating on common every 4 months and 26 days. In these fights, he fought a complete of 26 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.2 rounds on average.